I suggest you ...

create option to count total number of appearances of csv data values

Currently, when displaying csv data (either as a Pie Chart or as a Table) using the Advanced Summary of Responses, each possible combination of data values is counted separately.

For example, suppose a column contains the cells
"Apples, Oranges", "Apples", "Oranges, Pears", and "Oranges". Currently, all four combinations will appear separately in the summary chart or table, each with a count of 1.

What I would like instead is an option to list the total number of times each fruit appears (e.g. Apples: 2, Oranges: 3, Pears: 1 in this case).

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Daniel JDaniel J shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to see this feature too, like in the Google Summary. Absolutely no use of counting the separate combinations, I need the totals of each individual csv item.

• AmberAmber commented  · 

@Axel Pompa, AwesomeTable is not an analytics app and never claimed that they are. Awesome Table lets you display the content of a Google Sheet into various types of views. You're better off using a dedicated analytics software or web service.

• Anonymous commented  · 

this would be good. thanks

• Axel PompaAxel Pompa commented  · 

This would be really appreciate! Not having this feature makes me want to switch to another software for analyzing my data of google forms. It is a pitty because I really like the rest!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, this would be exceptionally helpful - just treating CSV values from any multi-select as separate (and countable) entities would solve some huge problems on BI displays for a feedback form I use

• JayBJayB commented  · 

Also a list of dates a particular response was done. "How many times "Apples" was selected on a particular date?

• GiacomoGiacomo commented  · 

Would be useful a parameter like "CsvOptions[<<option1>>;<<option2>>;...]" to break the content of the cell in the view graph

• Ran ReiffRan Reiff commented  · 

having the option of listing percents would also be nice.
        In the basic forms summary, there is a horizontal bar chart for multiple-response questions. This would be a nice next step.

Feedback and Knowledge Base